Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Restoring People 

12.16.18 Revival Sunday Starkville Ms!






PRAYER - "His Word Was As A Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones"

Jeremiah complained bitterly to the LORD for the persecution he was suffering as a prophet of doom. "I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me. ...I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me. ...Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name." Complaining to God will not release you from your responsibility.

Jeremiah 20:9 - "But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."

PRINCIPALS - "Pastors"

Jeremiah is the only Old Testament prophet who called Israel's leaders "pastors." They "transgressed against me," (2:8); "they have become brutish, and have not sought the LORD," (10:21); "destroyed my vineyard, ...trodden my portion underfoot," (12:10); "...scattered my flock, and driven them away, " (23:2). Jeremiah sensed his solemn responsibilities as a prophet-pastor.

Jeremiah 17:15-16 - "They say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD? let it come now. As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: ...that which came out of my lips was right before thee."

PRINCIPLES - "People Resist God's Messenger To Their Own Hurt"

Jeremiah stood in the court of the LORD's house and prophesied divine judgments on the people in the name of the LORD. When Pashur, chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard Jeremiah prophesy these things, he smote Jeremiah and put him in stocks. When he was released the following day, Jeremiah prophesied again.

Jeremiah 20:6 - "And thou, Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house shall go into captivity: and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou, and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies."

PROPHECIES - "Judah Was To Be Broken Like A Potter's Bottle"

For the second time, God told Jeremiah to prophesy that Tophet (Valley of Hinnom) would become "the valley of slaughter." "Get a potter's earthen bottle, ...go forth unto the valley of the son of Hinnom, ...break the bottle in the sight of the men." This pantomime foretold Judah's destruction by Nebuchadnezzar.

Jeremiah 19:11 - "Say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Even so will I break this people and this city, as one breaketh a potter's vessel, that cannot be made whole again: and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be no place to bury."

Here’s another OMBS 7

Restoring A Lost Tribe

The men of Gibeah who raped and murdered the Levite's concubine created a firestorm of trouble. God sent all Israel to war against the tribe of Benjamin. Israel mourned the tragic loss of one whole tribe and asked God what to do. They took 400 virgins from Jabeshgilead and gave them to the few hundred remaining Benjamites, to perpetuate the Benjamite tribe.

Judges 21:6-7 - "...the children of Israel repented them for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day. How shall we do for wives for them that remain?"

Ruth

One of the most heartwarming stories ever - suffering widowhood and poverty in a godless land, Ruth's heart bound to Naomi, her God-fearing mother-in-law. Word of her loyalty, godly devotion and commitment reached Boaz, who became her redeemer-husband. Greater than any Cinderella story! Ruth became Great-Grandmother to Christ!

Ruth 1:16 - "And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God."

Naomi's Prayer

Death dealt devastating blows to Naomi and her daughters-in-law. Her husband and both sons were dead, and Naomi decided that survival depended on returning to Bethlehem. She called her poor daughters-in-law and prayed the blessings of God on them. Prayer is the gift for all occasions and all seasons of life.

Ruth 1:8-9 - "...Naomi said unto her two daughters-in-law, Go, return each of you to her mother's house: Jehovah deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me. Jehovah grant you that ye may find rest."

Naomi

When she returned to Bethlehem from Moab, her old friends remembered her as Naomi, meaning "pleasant." But Naomi did not feel pleasant, because her husband and both sons had died. She wanted to be called Mara, or 'bitter,' but nobody consented. God had already started a flood of miracles for her and Ruth. We must stop mourning our losses and acknowledge the good things God is doing now.

Ruth 1:20-21 - "...Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me. I went out full, and the LORD hath brought me home again empty."
Teaching the plan is salvation click now 
Repost on social media, email, text reach the lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Word About Angels / OMBS7

A Word About Angels For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. - Psalm 91:11 It’s time to set the record s...